Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Behold The Awesome!!!

So I've noticed that most of the blogs that I read have been sharing recipes lately, and I got thinking that I should share some of the Awesome that I have been cooking up out here, especially after what The Boy and I made today. !!! BACK-STORY TIME!!!


We were at the Church Christmas Party (Which could easily get it's own rant) where Beki and I were making an attempt at being social. (When you've had Meningitis and a Respiratory Infection, you don't have much desire to be out and social.) We were talking about Christmas Traditions with a lifelong Marylander, when Beki mentioned that we were frustrated because we had been unable to find Cinnamon Bears to put on our Graham Cracker houses. The lady looked at us puzzled and then asked a question that I never thought I would ever hear, "What is a Cinnamon Bear?" I was so stunned that I just starred at her with a look of disbelief on my face. As it turns out, in addition to rampant racism, oppressive taxes, a crappy infrastructure, and inability to cope with snow, the Mid-Atlantic United States have no idea what Cinnamon Bears are!

This stunning revelation has been on my mind lately, only increasing my desire for wonderful cinnamon deliciousness, so I decided that I would try to make those Cinnamon Roasted Almonds that you can find at the fair.


Ingredients:
  • 4 Cups of Almonds
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 tsp Vanilla
  • 1/3 Cup Butter (Melted)
  • 1/2 Cup White Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 Tbs Cinnamon
Preheat Oven to 250°

Directions:

1. Put your 4 cups of Almonds into a bowl

2. Mix the Vanilla and Butter with the Egg White (I now understand what my mother was doing when she would pour the egg from shell to shell) and beat until fluffy. (I hate it when recipes give vague instructions like that. What on earth am I supposed to use to beat the egg white, and what on earth is fluffy? In the end I gave The Boy the "Boingy Boingy" (I think that is its technical name) and let him have at it. 


3. Pour the "fluffy" mixture over the almonds and mix.

4. Mix all of the dry ingredients (the Sugar, Salt and Cinnamon) and then pour over the almonds, making sure they are all coated.

5. Pour the almonds onto a cookie sheet and bake for an hour, stirring every 20 minutes.

6. Lick the Spoon!!!!

As you can see, this recipe is so easy that Owen actually did most of it!! And they are SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!! I seriously can't stop eating them!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

YUM! I am trying this recipe for sure! Thanks.