Sunday, July 11, 2010

Oh, the List!

So at the beginning of my "vacation" from the boys, I posted this huge long list of things I wanted to get done before they returned.  I am happy to report that I have not managed to accomplish even one of them.  I have worked on most of them, but have yet to finish one.  I have been focused on Owen's room and it was quite the undertaking.  I find it hard to believe that they could have done a worse paint job - EVER - then the one they did on this house - every room!  I have spend days scrapping off old paint and getting rid of holes in the walls.  I figured I would be painting yesterday, but spent the whole day still doing prep work, but according to all the DIY paint sites, it will look so much better in the end - we will see.  Wish I could post some pictures, but having no camera makes it kind of difficult.  I had to get creative with the furniture in the room - some of it was just too big for one person to get out of the room - luckily, I happen to own 2 huge blue tarps, so the bunk bed is encased in blue, with the train table and storage steps underneath.  Hopefully I will be able to keep some of the dust from all the sanding of of them.  Now if I can just decide on a painting scheme!

I am very close to having the shed the way I want it.  The only problem is that every time I get someone from craigslist that want to buy the washer and dryer, the crap out.  We exchange a few emails or phone calls and then I don't hear from them again for 2 days.  I have sent 3 ultimatum emails already (i.e. if you don't contact me in 24 hours, I will sell it to someone else)!!  I just find it hard to believe that if someone changes their mind and are not interested anymore that they wouldn't have the common decency to send me an email and say they changed their mind!!!  The first person was the worst!  She called me and was like we want it and will come look at it, to make sure it is what we want, etc.  Then she never showed up to look at it, and never contacted em again.  I left her a voice mail and and email and finally she said that she had been "sick form the heat" the past couple of days!!!!!!!!!!! Arggg...grrrrr....  The next two were not much better - the last one has until tomorrow morning to get back to me and then I move down the list.  I pulled the listing after 3 days, so I don't have a list that is too long, but if I finish it without selling the washer and dryer I will not be happy!!

I have done a few things in the kitchen, not nearly as much as I need to.  I have done a bit of grouting, but have more to do and haven't even thought about the kick plates.  I haven't touched the wagon, have not even looked once for a bike for Owen, and every time I call the people who do brick and rock recycling - it is after business hours, so the yard remains a mess!

So there you have it, I have had 11 full days of not a single interruption from the boys and am still not finished.  I think that I will probably be painting the day they come home - good thing they don't fly in till almost midnight!!  Anyways, the brownies are done in the oven, so I need to get ready for church.

Yummmm..... brownies!

No comments: