Sunday, April 3, 2011

Back on track!

Ok, so I missed a week last week, but it was the district band festival all weekend, and I was tired. As I was looking at our pictures from the last two weeks I've decided that we either have done nothing, or we just forget to take pictures of what we do. I'd say it is probably the first, we are pretty boring people.

We did a little cleaning around the house, and just because he is four don't you think that the boy doesn't have to contribute!

 Scrub that Tub!!!

 Earning his keep!

With T-Ball starting this coming week, we have been working on the catching and throwing skills...I have a feeling that when it is not me that is trying to teach him, Owen will do a lot better. Right now he just likes to be silly.

 We've got his glove broken in so he can at least squeeze it closed now.

 The one thing that he is good at is looking cute...that is not going to get him a big contract.

Back when Beki got really sick and had to go to the hospital, a family from church (who we had never met because we had just been put into a different congregation) took Owen for three days. We have been trying to repay the favor for some time, and this week we finally got to watch their kids so that they could have a night out.

 Gavin is a little older than Owen, but they get along great. (It also helps that Gavin has a little brother, so he is used to having to be patient with smaller people.)

 I brought a gigantic cardboard tube home from school, and we cut it in two, making two "swords"

 Remember how I said Gavin was patient...I probably would have thumped Owen across the head by this point, but he let Owen hack at him again and again!

 Owen went and got his little bat so that all three of them could have something to swing at each other.

They went around and around just being silly all night!

I know this isn't very exciting, but like I said, we weren't very exciting this week. In this coming week Beki takes her Oral Qualification exams, and I will be giving my students another open note test that I am sure they will fail, so hopefully next week will be more exciting. As for now, the last session of Conference is about to start and my wife is giving me that look that she gives me when I am doing something that I probably should not be doing, so I had better go!

No comments: