Friday, July 15, 2011

Stuff to complain about

So I am in the mood to complain, but rather than make you read all about my complaining, I figured I would give you a few non-complainy (yes complainy is a word, 'cause I says so...some good PG County grammar there for you!!) pictures of stuff, and then leave the complaining until the end.

The Lawn...let's call it a draw
     As you recall - ok, you probably don't recall, but I will pretend that you are a loyal dedicated reader that remembers everything that I write about here - this spring I decided to treat my front lawn with a weed killer that would kill the weeds and not the grass. This was the same day that we learned that 90% of my front yard was crab grass, and in the end I was left with...

 There are some benefits to having a dead yard, most notably is the lack of a need to mow the lawn when it is dead. (In fact this is a common occurrence out here. No one has sprinkler systems - if the rain doesn't fall, the grass doesn't get watered. Could you imagine thinking this way out West?? Anyway, most people that I have talked to do not want their yard to grow because they don't want to mow it - don't know why they don't just put down astro-turf.)


I was determined to resurrect my yard, so I used a couple of different brands of seed product to try and save my front yard.
 I tried Scotts EZ Seed and Pennington 100% Grass Seed - and if you care to know, I prefer the Pennington. The Scotts has filler mulch included in it, which would be really nice if you were only doing a little area, but for as much as I needed to do, using the 100% Grass Seed covered by peat moss seemed to have more success. In the end we are going to call it a draw. I have a few spots that did not grow back, so I am going to have to go back in and try again, but overall not too shabby.

 The best news is that I can walk in the grass in my bare feet!!!

The Closest Game of Yahtzee Ever Played!!!
     Do I have any proof of the above claim? Of course not, but I would bet to say that I have played more games of Yahtzee in my life than the average person (There was an episode in my life where I was involve with the Olympic Spirit Band for the Salt Lake City Olympics...lots of Yahtzee then...bad memories...find my happy place...) and I have never seen a game this close.

 The boy spazzing out before the game begins!

 I'm not sure what the story behind all of this was, but Owen really likes to roll all of the dice. We give him some direction as to what numbers he should try to go after, but he made all of the final decisions for his rolls.

 In case you can't see the scores the breakdown went like this: Mommy - 223, Papa - 221, The Boy 219. 4 points separated first from last, that is one die falling different. It was outstanding good fun.

Family picture. (Watch out for that thing on my head!!!! My hair is getting long, and I have taken to picking it out when I am home for the evening. I end up with a pretty good fro!!

Today's scheduled complaining rant has been postponed due to violent puking by the boy...I'll get back to you later...maybe...there is a lot of puke

1 comment:

Annette said...

When you were Owen's age your hair was super straight!!