Monday, June 21, 2010

What do You do When the Boy Leaves?

Notice: This is the 3rd of 3 updates that I have done today. You should probably scroll down to the entry titled "Not Trying to Kill the In-Laws" and start there. If you don't, you might run into things that make no sense.

Sadly, the week came and went (Luckily with no casualties..except for my shoes from being in the river.) and it was time for Grandpa and Abuela to go back to Colorado.


Family Photo!
Now last year Owen spent a couple of weeks in Colorado before Beki's sister's wedding, and so everyone there thought that since he came last year, we had set precedence, and he needed to come stay for a few weeks this summer as well. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the boy, but if Grandpa and Abuela want to take him for a few weeks, they aren't going to have to ask twice!


He is kind of hard to see in there, but he made it through security without much trouble.

And so Beki and I found ourselves childless wondering, "What did we do before we had the boy?" And I will admit that things are pretty boring around the house, and I also can't get away with stuff because I don't have my super cute accomplice to take the heat for me. We've found ways to keep busy though, whether it is watching other people's kids, working on the yard, watching lots of soccer (see above post), going out for ice cream at 10pm, and celebrating Beki's Birthday/Father's Day.

Nope, that isn't Owen, but Emma sure likes his car!

So we were going out for Beki's Birthday, but as is often the case, the Lab needed some attention, and since this time I wasn't working full time trying to stop Owen from destroying something, I figured I would give you a look into The Lab!!!

This is Beki's bench - or her work-station.
(You know, a train stops at a train-station, a bus stops at a bus-station, I wonder what really happens here...)

Beki getting some parasite out of the fridge. I wasn't sure if I was allowed in there (or if I wanted to go in...)

"Here honey, come look at this thing that wants to eat your internal organs..."

The lab coat means serious business!

Eventually she wandered off, and I got bored....

Sunday was Beki's Birthday, and Father's Day, but without the boy it was kind of lame...


Beki made me Cinnamon Pinwheels, and I got to watch the World Cup.


Beki opened her cards from our parents who, even though they aren't supposed to, sent her money.

And I know you are dying to know what I got her - and here it is. Beki is very tricky to get presents for. She hates jewlery, clothes, and just about any other normal "go to" item that men get their wives. She also is the CFO of the family, and meticulously runs the books, so she freaks out if I spend money on her. So I have to find the perfect balance of something that she actually wants that isn't too expensive. Not sure of which color or style she wanted, I took her with me to the store, and I knew I had hit a home run when her eyes lit up like a kid in a candy store! She settled on an orange one:

In case you don't know what that is, it is a Yoga Mat. I know it isn't sexy or glamorous, but it is totally what she wanted...I win!


1 comment:

Tyler and Carisa said...

Isn't it great to have someone who can be easily pleased?! Tyler bought me an ipod holder thing that I can strap to my arm for when I go running... I was thrilled. Just proving that sometimes the small things make the most impact.